Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Patriotic Birthday

Hi Friends

I know I just posted, but I realized I needed a birthday card for Sunday (our Pastor turns 40). I decided to use the sketch at Taylored Expressions  and the weekly CARDS blog challenge (for patriotic themed cards) to formulate my card.

Here’s what I came up with…

TEsketchjuly2

I decided to use this cute Hero Arts stamp set when I saw the balloon had stars in it. How perfect!  You can see a little of the gloss in the photo, I used Stampin’ Ups! Crystal effects. I think it gives it the feel of an actual balloon. I need something along the bottom of the card but didn’t want to use ribbon or scallops since the card is for a man.  Thus I decided on the button row which were weaved together using DMC floss. It’s the first time I’ve used this on a card, but I like it and will probably go back to it again!

Also, remember we have another EBTKS challenge ongoing… to use aluminum foil.  (In hindsight I’m thinking that foil would’ve worked really well with stars in honor of the holiday…hmmm)

AND, the Lawn Fawn monthly reveal starts next week, and again, there are some great new sets coming out, you won’t want to miss it!

Hugs and blessings

Nette

5 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely birthday card! How fun to share your birthday with America! My sister's hubby celebrates his birthday on the night of the Fourth...his birthday is on the 5th.

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness...sooooo cute! I love it!

Karen B. said...

That balloon is so realistic, I love it! I love everything else on the card too, and the row of buttons is great. Gotta get my thinking cap on for that foil challenge too.

Kim Wilson said...

This is sooo adorable Lynnette!!! I love the gloss on the balloon, it makes it pop out :) Thanks for the tip on the foil, I did it today :)

Ayana Posadas said...

What a fabulous and fun card!
I love how you made the string of buttons!