Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Stuff

Hi Friends

I thought that I’d share another Lawn Fawn project with you featuring some of the exciting new products.

butterfly

Can you believe it? No stamping involved! I used the papers and sticker letters from the Bright Side paper.  I diecut the butterfly using my Stampin’ Up! Sizzix.  I love butterflies! 

On another topic…. This next section is an emotional outpouring on my part, so feel free to discontinue reading now if your prefer not to read about personal things.

I don’t typically like to share personal or sad stuff here at the blog because the blog is for featuring creativity and intended to be a fun place to visit.  Having said that, I thought I’d share with you today that I’m struggling with a difficult time at the moment. My husband and I have decided that it’s time for us to put our beloved George to sleep.  He’s 19 years old, and he’s lived a great and full life. Obviously, he’s very old for a dog, and his body is failing him. He’s got alzheimer’s and arthritis. The arthritis continues to worsen at an aggressive pace.  We don’t want him to suffer.

I’ve had him for over 18 years, my adult life. I got him shortly after I moved on my own (guess I’m dating myself a little bit here).  He’s been a major part of my life and best friend for so long that him not being here is going to leave a huge hole in our family.  I honestly feel like my heart is breaking, and that I’m killing my dog. But it’s not fair to him to keep him around for me and allow him to get to a point where he’d be suffering.  So tonight is my last night with him, and I will be preparing for him a nice steak dinner. 

My brother and nephew will be coming over because my nephew wanted to see him one last time (which melts and breaks my heart all at the same time).  For us humans, we’ll be having Pizza, but George will eat like a  king.

You know, I thought I’d be ready for this. I knew it was coming, yet I’m  a mess.  I thank God for providing me such a wonderful pet for so many years.  I also feel a responsibility for George to be a good steward of the gift God gave me.

I thought I’d share a photo of my boy, my first pet from when I moved on my own:

George at Christmas time complete with bow… always a good sport

george

So many of my photos of him aren’t online (back when I got him, that wasn’t nearly as common. But this one is so appropriate because he has that smile on his face. 

I trust in God’s sovereignty over all things and know that it’s okay for me to grieve. I am grateful for a Lord who blesses me in so many ways, and one of the ways is by the pets he’s brought into our lives.

Thanks for reading friends.

Hugs and blessings

Nette

10 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Oh Nette, giant hugs for you! I'm sad for you but I'm sure George will be so happy in a place where he's free from pain and can run around and be youthful again.

Kelly said...

so sorry you are going through that! I have had many animals from dogs and cats and cows to my beloved horses who were my best friends in a way. My heart aches for you. God Bless!

Sheri said...

I'm so sorry about George. Our fur babies sure do become a part of our family.

Heather Innusa said...

I'm so SO very sorry Lynnette. Such a hard thing to go through. My prayers are with you tonight. Be strong and know that you will be easing his pain, not hurting . Hugs girlfriend!!

Kimberly Rendino said...

So, so sorry!!! I cried reading your post. I lost my BFF, Chip, in May of last year. I completely agree that it feels like your heart is literally breaking. Prayers and hugs to you and everyone who loves George.....he's a cutie!

~kelly marie~ said...

Lynnette, I am just crying ready this. Sending so much love.

Chari Moss said...

This is hard to read, so I know it was harder to write. I'm keeping you my thoughts and prayers as you go through this hard time. I can't imagine how hard it must be. I know how special a dog is when they are part of the family.

Laurel Beard said...

Oh my sweet sweet friend. I am so terribly sorry! This is a tough time for you, I know! Big giant bear hugs! I wish I was there physically for you but know that I have you in my heart during this hard time.

Yainea said...

So sorry Nette :( This makes me very sad... We lost our buddy Rex last year, he was 11 years but he was very ill and we need to say goodbay, the same as you. It's sad and breaks the heart but it's not fair keeping them while they're suffering... They continue living in our hearts forever. I'm still miss him but I remember all our good moments. My thoughts are with you, friend. Hugs!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I'm so sorry Lynette - your post made me cry. Our pets truly do add joy to our lives and I know how big of a hole it will leave for you. You are so blessed to have had him for so long and everything you have said is right on. Big hugs to you and your family. Love his photo and I know you will cherish it.